Zaanse Schans – Volendam – Giethoorn
This experience is a one-of-a-kind blend of many tourist attractions packed in a simple and spectacular style that will carry you on a journey you will never forget.
- Discover a charming 17th-century village with a series of well-preserved windmills.
- Take a stroll through the Volendam harbor, which has been one of the village's most famous tourist attractions since 1875.
- Discover the charming settlement of Giethoorn, called the "Venice of the North" in the northeast of the Netherlands.
09:00 - Departure from the Pickup Location.
09:30 - 11:00 - Zaanse Schans.
The most charming typical 17th-century Zaanse Schans village, which features houses and a series of wonderfully maintained windmills from the country's industrial background, will be your first destination. In Zaanse Schans village, you may take a stroll among the gorgeous green residences and visit a factory that makes the popular clogs in this region of the Netherlands. Nothing says "Dutch" like cheese, and you can sample some at the Catharina Hoeve Farm, where you can also learn about how it's made.
11:30 - 12:45 - Volendam.
Your journey will continue to Volendam, where you may view brightly-painted wooden buildings and residents dressed in vibrant regional clothing. Your guide will lead you on a brief stroll around Volendam harbor, which has been one of the village's most famous tourist destinations since 1875. This is an excellent spot to pick up souvenirs and gifts for friends and family back home, as well as have photographs made in traditional Dutch costumes in one of the village's numerous photo studios. Of course, don't forget to make time for lunch, because the next trip will take a bit longer.
15:00 - 17:15 - Giethoorn.
A journey to the charming settlement of Giethoorn in the northeast of the Netherlands will be your last destination for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. The village is known as the "Venice of the North" because of its numerous canals and lack of motorways. During a 1-hour guided boat trip, you'll learn about this fairy-tale village with less than 3,000 residents. On foot, stroll through the preserved village and witness how each farmhouse is constructed on a little man-made island. Explore the village's small footpaths to find hundreds of bridges and take in the tranquil ambiance.
19:00 - Back at the Pickup Location.
You can combine this tour with the Keukenhof - Tulips Field - Tulip Experience Amsterdam tour on the next day or the day before. With this combination, you will have visited the most important places in the Netherlands.
- Day trip from Amsterdam
- Live demonstration
- Food tasting
- Professional local driver/guide
- Transportation by car/ minivan/coach
- Canal cruise in Giethoorn
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go:
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum is not met, you will be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts.