Zaanse Schans – Giethoorn Private Tour
On this full-day tour to Zaanse Schans and Giethoorn, you may see two of Holland's greatest attractions in a single day. A round-trip journey from Amsterdam provides a hassle-free journey, giving you plenty of time to cruise around "The Venice of Netherlands", explore windmills, and learn more about the Dutch countryside straight from your experienced guide.
- Return trip to two of Holland's greatest attractions in a single day.
- Transfer from Amsterdam assures a trouble-free trip.
- Learn more about the region from your knowledgeable tour guide.
- All activities and admission costs are included in the program.
09:00 - Departure from the Pickup Location.
09:30 - 11:00 - Zaanse Schans.
The most charming typical 17th-century Zaanse Schans village, which features houses and a series of wonderfully maintained windmills from the country's industrial background, will be your first destination. In Zaanse Schans village, you may take a stroll among the gorgeous green residences and visit a factory that makes the popular clogs in this region of the Netherlands. Nothing says "Dutch" like cheese, and you can sample some at the Catharina Hoeve Farm, where you can also learn about how it's made.
13:00 - 15:30 - Giethoorn.
A journey to the charming settlement of Giethoorn in the northeast of the Netherlands will be your last destination for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. The village is known as the "Venice of the North" because of its numerous canals and lack of motorways. During a 1-hour guided boat trip, you'll learn about this fairy tale village with less than 3,000 residents. On foot, stroll through the preserved village and witness how each farmhouse is constructed on a little man-made island. Explore the village's small footpaths to find hundreds of bridges and take in the tranquil ambiance.
17:00 - Back at the Pickup Location.
- Day trip from Amsterdam
- Live demonstration
- Food tasting
- Professional local driver/guide
- Transportation by minivan
- Canal cruise in Giethoorn
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go:
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour will take place rain or shine